As most of us are aware flu can be very debilitating but also very serious for vulnerable people. The attached booklet with key information about flu, key groups that are at risk and flu vaccination has been provided by Public Health England team at BHCC.
Summary of those who are to have the are recommended flu vaccine
- everyone aged 65 and over
- everyone under 65 years of age who has a medical
condition listed on page 4, including children and babies
over six months of age
- all pregnant women, at any stage of pregnancy
- all two- and three- year-old children
- all children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3 and 4
- all primary school-aged children in some parts of
- everyone living in a residential or nursing home
- everyone who is the main carer for an older or
- household contacts of anyone who
- all frontline health and social care workers
For advice and information about the flu vaccination, speak to your GP, practice nurse or pharmacist.